Digital technologies are widely recognised as enablers of productivity and drivers of innovation and international trade. To accelerate the growth of this key sector and help realise the benefits to the local economy, environment and society that green technology can bring Angus Council’s Business Angus team are working actively with stakeholders and businesses across Angus. The success and achievement of Angus’ digital economy rests on a world class digital infrastructure, which is essential to supporting the wider transformation of the county, attracting new businesses and jobs and supporting regeneration projects. It is essential that that broadband infrastructure is put in place to allow us to deliver on the vision for Angus to be a leading digital County.
Sustainability and digital technology underpins business growth across every sector of the economy, helps to boost jobs and generate export income. A secure, affordable supply of energy is critical to the smooth functioning and competitiveness of the economy, and is closely correlated with economic output. In Angus 78.7% of premises now have access to ‘Next Generation Broadband’ and a target of 93.5% by end of March 2018. We will continue to work to support the 100% coverage by 2020.
- We will develop a Green Angus Business Network in partnership with local businesses
- Our Green Economy Sector Officer can help with information, advice and best practice examples
- We are encouraging local companies to work together to ensure a strong green economy in Angus.
- We will support Angus businesses with renewable energy projects
- We will develop a Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP) for Angus in partnership with local businesses and communities
- We are working in partnership to improve digital connectivity in Angus