Trading Standards is the local authority service provided to enforce trading legislation and to give provide advice to both consumers and traders. The local Trading Standards officers provides the following to businesses in Angus:
- free confidential business advice
- complaints service, to report illegal activities of suppliers and competitors
- information in relation to responsibilities under Consumer Protection and Trading Standard laws
- Angus Reputable Traders service
- leaflets and booklets containing guidance & advice
Find out more about Trading Standards in Angus on the Angus Council website or by calling 03452 777 778.
The Trading Standards Institute's Business Companion website provides free, impartial legal guidance for businesses that sell goods and/or supply services to customers. When visiting the website, change the dropdown at the top of the page to 'Scotland' to ensure you are presented with the relevant information.