There are many support organisations who can help you start and grow your food and drink business in the East of Scotland. How do you know who to speak to? This free seminar will give you the chance to meet and chat with representatives from these organisations so you can maximise the benefits from the support available. There will also be presentations from Scottish Enterprise and Scotland Food & Drink on innovation and the future of food, and the chance to view the new, state of the art food innovation labs at Abertay University.
Aims of the Event
- To discuss issues relevant to food and drink businesses and their associates.
- To demonstrate the range of support services that are available to food and drink businesses and to build relationships with the relevant people representing these services.
- Networking and making new contacts.
- Demonstrating the range of training and CPD opportunities available at Abertay.
- Tour of the new food innovation labs at Abertay and opportunity to speak to the staff.
Who Should Attend?
- Food & Drink companies from Angus, Perth & Kinross, Fife and Dundee who are looking to attract funding, are interested in innovation, or are looking for any kind of business support.
- Members of the agricultural and aquaculture communities involved in the food system.
- Professional services representatives specialising in food & drink.
- Postgraduate students and academics.
- Entrepreneurs wishing to start their own food & drink business.
This is a full day event comprising of keynote speakers, a ‘pecha kucha’ style session with quick presentations by those attending, and a chance to speak with the organisations represented there. There will also be lots of time built in for networking. This event has been organised as a partnership between Angus Council, Perth & Kinross Council, Fife Council and Abertay University.